Friday, September 28, 2007

Soggy DooWop


This baby can fill a diaper, thus the title of this post. I'm telling you, when he wakes up during the night I know it's for the soggy, pee-loaded diapers that's doing it. If I had a scale to weigh them all I'm sure they'd come in at at least 5 pounds! He gets his last before bed bottle around 8pm and then it's bed time around 9pm. It's very rare that he makes it past 9pm unless he had an extra late afternoon nap. He bustles around 11 or 12 and gets himself back to sleep without our help. But depending on the night, it could be between 3am or 6am that he's up again screaming. We usually find him holding on to the railing and jumping up and down like he's on a trampoline, screaming and crying "MaMa..aaaaaa...MaMa.....babababa". I feel the butt and sure enough there's a load. I'm wondering if he remained dry if he'd sleep longer? I guess anyone would wake up from a sound sleep to a flood in their pants.


As far as health, Joshua's is doing well and has been cool tempered since the diarrhea resolved. Can't see anymore teeth coming through as of yet and the ones he has are lengthening. I'm sure another will pop through soon and then we'll have to deal with that. I better stock up on the Tylenol and Motrin. I found that alternating the two works really well and the Motrin is actually longer acting and reduces the inflammation.


Development -wise, he's more verbal and dances so much more than before. He'd always rock back and forth to a nice beat but now he has preferences...jazz, r&b and reggae. We live in a community that contains lots of caribbean brothers and sisters. So while we're relaxing on the porch, if a vehicle comes by rockin a dancehall or reggae tune and loud, Joshua is rockin' with them. Then he looks at Mama and grins wide. I have got to get this boy to Jamaica. Believe it or not I don't have a passport. The last time I was on the island was for my wedding in '03....a shame I know. And then, all you needed was a birth certificate and a drivers license. So the new rules of traveling internationally....passport. Gotta buckle down and do it. I'd feel good about getting one for the babe too. Cause if you think of it, babies don't have picture I.D. And it'd be nice to have a legal document with my baby's picture on it, so no mix up.....THIS IS MY KID!! What mother doesn't think any fool out there wouldn't want to try and take their beautiful baby? Call me ridiculous or outrageous, I don't care. With the high rise in infertility and child abduction, I'm getting my baby branded by the goverment as mine with a passport. It links him to me and hubby. So, hopefully I'll be getting that done soon.

2 comments:

Soul Hunter said...

definitely get the baby tylenol ready. that stuff is the lick! hear you on the diapers - in the morning Ami's diapers weigh a good 2lbs!

SHEANA said...

I make sure a keep a nice stock and when it gets low..off to the store with ya hubby!