Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Sleep wonderful sleep


He slept through the night last night! Ya heard it hear first. One waking at 11pm in which I refused to go in and see what's the matter. I laid down the law with hubby and told him don't even think about going in there. Josh cried for about 6 minutes and went back to sleep on his own. My dumb ass kept waking up checking on him to make sure the boy was still alive cause I couldn't believe he was still asleep in his crib. Finally after 1am it was sleep I haven't had in a long time. Woo Hoooooo! Now I know what it feels like again. I pray that he does the same thing tonight.
On another note, has anyone every watched children's television. You know, shows are just not what they used to be when I was growing up. Seriously, another blogster brought this subject up and it made me think about my childhood. I watched the classics, Sesame Street, Zoom, New Zoo Review, Mr. Rogers, Electric Co. (which always followed Sesame Street and where you know who got his start in TV) and these were great shows. Now....what do we have now...Sponge Bob...ick, Barney...never let Josh watch it, and everything is vulgar and rude, from boogers to farts. We tend to lean towards Backyardigans which was created by a sistah, love it! Also all of the shows on Noggin we like. Joshua will stop dead in his tracks when he hears certain theme songs, Dora, Diego, Blues Clues and the hip Backyardigans. I can see that TV is going to be a big issue in our house. Oh yeah and parental control, gotta figure out how to work it on the remote cause I haven't got a clue.

No comments: