Monday, September 17, 2007

Ohhh diarrhea





Okay now, it started on Thursday. I thought nothing of it because all of the mucous he swallowed being sick the last few weeks has to go somewhere right? Well, it hasn't let up and only got worst and stinkier. He has some skin breakdown on his butt and the 'taint' area (slang for 'taint the balls, taint the butt' area on boys). My husband craps up when I say taint. Anyhoo, I've been applying generous amounts of Beaudroux butt paste and Balmex and he's on the BRATY diet. If I get no improvement by tomorrow am then it's back to the pediatrician. It could be a yeast infection from his immune system being compromised. I always urge my hubby to use utmost cleanliness when changing him and washing his hands after coming in from outside/work etc. Guess this was bound to happen.

I have to say, he has been sleeping better. I think if it weren't for the sickness he's been experiencing that he'd sleep better and possibly straight through the night. He slept until 4am this morning and woke up screeching, not screaming cause his diaper was filled with loose poop and urine. I felt so bad and all I could do is give many kisses and 'Mama so sorry'.

On another note, I just downloaded some great new music on Itunes. Of course Jill Scott was the top of my list and second the new Prince album. It's amazing how these two artists bring out the creativity in myself and always speaks to my heart and emotions. Jill and Prince have out done themselves AGAIN! Somehow they make the stress, the bills, the property taxes and mortgage, the diarrhea, the weight, all go away for a little while. I know it sounds silly, but the simple things in life make me happy sometimes. Another thing, the arrival of fall/autumn used to depress me cause I'm such a summer person. I thrive from the sun's warmth. But since the birth of Joshua, it reminds me of my last weeks of pregnancy. The smell of the crisp air, the changing leaves all in anticipation of my first baby. I welcome it now and it warms my heart like the summer sun does and sends tingles to my stomach. My baby is going to be one year old. WOW. Thank you for this Lord and I'm sorry I don't speak to you as often as I should.

No comments: