Tuesday, September 18, 2007

BRATY not working

So the BRATY diet hasn't helped and it seems my baby is feeling worst. I've sacrificed a morning of sleep (I worked last night until 7am this morning) to keep him home and nurse him back to health. I just don't feel as if the sitter will take the same care as I would. She has many kids and Joshua sitting in a poopy mess for any length of time would tear me apart. Now don't get me wrong, she changes him frequently and the proof is in the empty diaper bag and dry, fresh and clean bottom when I pick him up. This is just such a severe case that only one to one Mama care will do. Also I've rotated a few butt creams to see what's worked better. Everything from Desitin, Balmex, Beaudroux. I'm now using A&D ointment and he seems to be getting more relief from that. Placed a call to the peds doc. and I'm waiting to hear whether I should continue to manage at home or make an appointment with her for tomorrow. Next step is spreading out the sheets and towels on the floor and letting him go naked to help heal the broken skin. Only problem is that these episodes of diarrhea are explosive! Fortunately we have all wood and tile for easy clean ups. We'll keep trudging on and pray for speedy booty recovery.

No comments: