Wednesday, August 08, 2007

New Tooth, Tantrums and Crying spells persist


I don't know why but this stent of drama in little Joshua's world isn't coming to an end. Today he went from being happy to crying and thrashing in a matter of minutes. I see a new tooth coming in on the top but he won't let me get near it. In the morning especially he usually has a high temp. Right now, I'm just trying my best to soothe him in anyway that I can. Although I'm hear at work tonight, I was thinking of keeping him home tomorrow to care for him. Don't get me wrong, the sitter is really good with Joshua but nothing compares to Mama. Only problem is trying to stay up after working all night. And at times, he usual long morning naps ends up being a short cat nap. And I need sleep. So, things to consider before I head home in the morning.

His pediatrician appointment last week Wednesday was good. Joshua is now 21 pounds and about 29 1/2 inches long. She claims he is in the 75th percentile for children his age. I would have automatically thought he was up in at least the 90th. Josh is a big baby, so the thought of babies bigger than him.....God bless their parents! But, due to his length, we had to purchase a new car seat. Ended up buying the Britax. Although very expensive, the reviews on every web site and parent guide point right back to it. It's either get a cheap and marginally safe car seat and end up buying a new one in a few months due to weight restrictions or buy the Britax which will carry him all the way to 65 lbs. So we bit the bullet and went with the best. Only the best for my boy.

No comments: