Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Mama's Food



Slowly Josh is getting away from his baby food. Unfortunately he wants to be but isn't quite ready for table food. He hasn't mastered the chew up and then swallow concept. Oh, he's ready and willing to eat the good stuff. But, at times will swallow only after two gnaws which is not nearly enough breakdown. It's getting more and more difficult at feeding times. The crying persists and we can't figure it out. The pediatrician recommended that we strap him into the high chair securely and remove the table, thinking he feels restrained. Not working. He still wants to get out of the chair and refuses to eat proper in or out. I have to say that he does get one good hardy meal in a day which makes me feel a little better.

On another subject, this boy is moving and shaking progressively more every day. In addition to a lil' more pep in his crawl, his confidence with standing and pivoting while holding on to something is improving. He'll even let go of one hand. When he realizes that he himself has done something new and big, he'll glance at me and grin the biggest gum-toothed grin. I can only grab him and kiss him up good when he does that....so cute.

And as for the birthday planning, I'm making the invited myself. I love crafts and anything involving handmade items so this is relaxation for me. If I haven't mentioned it in previous posts, it's a pirate paaaarrrrty...arrr arrr arrr. We already have the suit. Yes you read right.

Now for me, off to bed this beautiful sunny morning. Sigh, night shift sucks but it's the sacrifice you make right now.

No comments: