Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Why won't he eat for me?!



I don't understand. This baby will not eat for his Mama. He will eat well for my husband at least for lunch and dinner, but for me he won't eat a decent meal. He cries for the bottle and of course I give up and give it to him. Joshua literally cries like he's in pain or I'm beating him. He turns away from the spoon and will sometimes smack it! I've poked him accidentally in the eye twice with a food laden spoon, trying to get him to eat. I pray this is a phase that will end soon. So I make a bottle smoothie....yogurt, cereal and fruit and mix it with formula. He sucks it down and I feel confident that he at least got a balanced meal that way.

On another note, he and I have recreated our bond. At times we just stare at each other and smile. He'll lay some wet kisses on me and it does a mother's heart good. I feel no matter how stressed I am with life, all is good when I look at my baby.

2 comments:

Soul Hunter said...

That's a great family shot!

SHEANA said...

Thanks...we were jammin' at the jazz festival in Saratoga Springs.