Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Trials, tribulations, torential rains....

Finally, my hubby is back to work...hallelujah! Started the new job today. Of all days, the worst rain we've had in a while. I'm telling you just when you thought it would stop, it'd start right back up again. But he got out bright and early for the new grind. Problem is it's not what he or I expected but it's beats a blank ( more on that later). So Joshie and Mama are back together again without Dada on my days off. It was a lovely day together and we rekindled our 'alone' relationship. Things have changed and I've got to get him on a good day schedule again. My husband did things his way that I didn't all together agree with. Anyhoo, when you're working and he's home with the kid, what can a woman do...cope. In my eyes, I had to chose a bigger battle, 'get a damn job'. And I waved the white flag on decisions made for Joshua while he was out of work and posing as a poor attempt at Mr. Mom.

But new problems have arisen. I have no idea why this boy puts up a fuss at meal times. Even when he's hungry, there is always a cry, a moan or some kind of fuss. I don't understand. This never happened before. The last month or two, getting him to just eat is a chore. Then he cries for his bottle as if taking food by mouth causes him pain. Ok he is teething and has two teeth on the bottom that have come to head but this is ridiculous. When I eat, he loves to eat my food. Even after he's had a meal and a botttle he'll fight me to get to my food. I really need guidance here on getting him to eat better. Now he eats a lil' better for Joe. But it still consists of whines and cries. This is a short synopsis of how mealtime goes down.
  • Into the high chair.......fuss and whine
  • Put on the bib.....cries louder and starts to break tears.
  • We hurriedly open jars of food and dip spoon in.
  • Spoon to mouth and a few spoons later...more cries.
  • Halfway through the meal, writhing around in highchair, thrashing back and forth, refusing to take anymore food, red-faced, crying like I'm beating him (neighbors probably think I am).
  • I give up and start to make a bottle cause forcing food down his throat between gasps is just beyond what make heart can take.

And this is how it goes. Another thing, if both of us are in the kitchen when the meal starts..he's distracted and won't eat. He will start to cry for the other 'non-feeding' parent. I mean this is too much. I wish I could read this kids mind. Heeeeelp!

No comments: