Saturday, July 14, 2007

Crawling already

I love the movie Beloved and when I see Josh already getting around on hands and knees I think of when the character Baby Sug looks at her grandchild and says, "Look at you..'crawlin' already'..haha" and laughs. It tickles me to see my baby moving around. And at the same time makes me a little melancholy, because that means he's growing too fast. I'm not going to miss nursing him every two hours, oh no! Although the bonding and that feeling of nourishing my child is wonderful. But I'm going to miss his first months when he relied on Mama for every little thing. I put him down on the floor and he just goes! He's got two speeds, nice and steady and fifth gear where he's trying to get at the cat or get a toy he's spotted. And when he's all tuckered out he raises up one arm and reaches out if to say, "Mama pick me up, I'm tired, I need you now."

No comments: