Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Birthday Joshua!!



WOW.....it's been three long hard weeks. Working overtime at work, planning the last details of Joshie's Party, preparing the house for company and the arrival of the in-laws. I didn't realize that I hadn't typed one word in three weeks! It just proves that I've been busy, hands full.

Well, Joshua's Party was on the 28th, but today is my boy's actual birthday. It was an eventful day (the party), much fun to be had, games and pirates running all around my home. In the end, it looked as if a tornado hit. I'll never do a party in my house which entails children again....repeat...NEVER again! I must look into a hall or party place for next year. As for today, hubby's car broke down on the Garden State Parkway...yup. So Joshie and I spent time taking DaDa to work, stopped by grandma's job to say hello, spent the rest of our time at great-grandma's cause it didn't make sense to go all the way home and have to turn around again (this is sounding like a pepa-vent post) and then back home by 7pm to meet the last few trick or treaters. I just distributed the candy in handfuls cause I knew we'd only get the stragglers of the day.


All in all, I can't believe I was in this place last year, contracting by this time and almost fully dilated. Josh was born at 11:55pm, just before midnight. He was determined to come on Halloween. With his cord tucked underneath his arm and over his shoulder, crying for a short minute, skin clear and like butter, not a bit of vernix. I could still smell him now. He's not walking yet today, but I'm proud of my big baby. Again and again I say, I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.

2 comments:

Amiri Jah-Jah said...

Happy Earthday to you
Happy Earthday to you
Happy Earthday dear Joshie
Happy Earthday to you!!!!!!!!

Love, Amiri

SHEANA said...

Awwwww thanks!! Joshie says thanks too!