Monday, November 05, 2007

Settling down


I finally feel like the whole birthday shabang has settled now. We've cleaned up the house (popcorn, decorations, candy all over the place) and are finally getting back to normal. I have to say though, a party in your home takes waaay more work than I'd imagined. I may have to consider doing a hall next time or a party place. But, in the end, the little man was overwhelmed by all the family around him and had a good time. He made out like a bandit with money, clothes and toys. I don't know what to do for Christmas!


Now, getting into the developmental side of things, Mr. Joshua is still cruising but with a more rapid gate and has even found interest in the steps. YES the steps!! He's taken two steps so far and I've had to stop him from going further. Soon I'll stand behind him and see how far he can go. He's even tried standing on toys as a step stool in an attempt to climb over the safety gate. Yup, my boy. Oh yeah, another tooth and broken through so he's got four on top and the two little front teeth on the bottom. They look like little pearls, so adorable, but crazy sharp.


On another note, we've been really struggling financially for the last 6months now. I've been pulling extra shifts here and there but hubby's new job shows no opportunities for advancement or overtime. I laid on the tough love and told him it's time to start looking for bigger and better things. My husband is a graphic designer and has been in his field for quite some time now. He's got loads or talent and experience. Considering we're a stones throw (figuratively) from NYC, I want him to look there. Why? More money, better chance of advancement and career growth. Problem is the competition is serious. He's had a few interviews here and there that have gone nowhere. My deduction is that they either found someone to do the job for a cheap or they weren't keen on his interview. We always get into arguments about how he should open up more. My husband is the kind of guy that has to work up to getting to know you and will then open up more. You can't do that in an interview. So, any of you listening or reading out there, say some prayers for us. If we don't have a financial breakthrough soon, we may have to move! I put it in God's hands.

1 comment:

Amiri Jah-Jah said...

Girl, I bet Joshie was pooped after all that excitement! Looks like he had a great time.

We'll be praying for your financial blessing! Has hubby thought about doing his own thing to supplement his income? I make steady money doing logos and freelance design work. I'm sending you an email.

Napi