Saturday, November 17, 2007

Eye can't see!

Well I don't see very well at all! Turns out that in addition to the bilateral conjunctivitis I also seem to have corneal abrasions. This is what has been causing me so much pain and agony for the past two weeks! I finally went to the ER, as resistant and adamant as I was being a nurse and said, " I need help". Started out to work with Joshie in tow (he goes to my Mom's until hubby picks him up and takes him home). I get on the road and.....and.....I can't see! Literally, the cars are blurry, the signage is unfocusable until I get right up on them. I'm scared and decide that $#&!-ing with my eyes is no game, girl take your behind to the ER. I wait until hubby hits my mothers and I call in to work and let them know what's going on. Well, they have an idea because I've looked like hell for two weeks. Anyhoo, after getting my eyes numbed which burned then felt like heaven,... no pain, dyed, so that they could visual them under ultraviolet lamp and pricked, they found corneal abrasion on both eyes. If you've ever had a corneal abrasion you will know...IT HURTS!!! Why it's taken them so long to heal I have no clue. It could be the horrible ventilation at work forcing particles into my already delicate eyes or the wrestling I do with Joshie. Yes, the boy has poked me numerous times in the eye. So rest and multiple drops of Tobramycin ointment to the eye every three hours I think they are getting a little better. Vision is still blurry and ain't worth crap. I can't pull out of my driveway. And I'm sure work is threw with me. But look, the thought of not seeing my babe's face again because I didn't care for my eyes would tear me apart. Now, due to the holiday I can't get in to see an opthalmologist until next week (after turkey day). Oy vey!

No comments: